Lindsay’s plays have been produced across the UK and Ireland, from to Derry, Dublin to London and over to Galway, the Aran Islands and Westport from 1985. To date, there have been 14 productions, including Fried Eggs directed and produced by her in August 2015. Her recent play, Benjamin is currently seeking a producer.
All Thumbs. International Bar Theatre. Theatre (29 Feb – 12 March 2016) Starring Julie Lockey
Fried Eggs: Theatre Upstairs (11-22 Aug, 2015), Town Hall Theatre (14-17 June 2016), Aras Eanna Arts Centre, Inis Oirr (18 June 2016), Westport (1-2 Oct 2016), Union Theatre, Southwark, London (April 2017).
By Mr Farquhar: Waterside Theatre, Derry (Sept 2013)
Salt on Our Skin: Smock Alley, The Boy’s School (Feb 2013)
- “As a piece of writing, as a piece of theatre it is absolutely wonderful.” (Fried Eggs, Aug 2015)
- “An extremely clever piece of writing… stunning, seductive, sensuous…I felt the hairs stand up on the back of my neck…” (By Mr Farquhar, Waterside Theatre, Derry. Sept 2014)
- “Absolutely brilliant…. Gut wrenching… exciting, beautiful new piece of writing… I found myself smiling aloud… such a moving piece…. superbly-crafted…”(Salt on Our Skin, Smock Alley Theatre, Dublin. Jan/Feb 2013)
- “Brilliantly written play…Fascinating… language which is rich and full of powerful imagery”; “Magnetic…a masterpiece of unusual, highly dramatic yet entertaining theatre that will live long in our memories.” “A terrifying piece of theatre which deserves to be done again and again.” – (Fur Doesn’t Hurt, Cork and South-west tour,.1997),
- “Gripping psychological drama… a startlingly good piece of writing.”(Sunday Independent. Trade me A Dream, Focus Theatre, Dublin 1997).
FREELANCE JOURNALIST: (1983 to 1997)
Columnist, feature-writer, sub editor, travel/ food/ wine writer, news journalist and magazine editor. Clients included Irish Times, Sunday Times, Sunday Business Post, Irish Press group, Independent group, plus several in Australia, US and UK.
More recently, Lindsay contributes articles to a range of blogs, generally on the subject of writing.
Swirl & Threat: On the joys of writing and procrastination
Upstart: On Farquhar and theatre